Tilden Project Nepal began its work in 2002 and became a fully registered charity in the UK in July 2005. It is run from the UK by the seven trustees shown below -
Also since 2012, two new trustees: Nicholas Arbuthnott and Alan Cesarano and two associate members: Christine Edwards and David Woodman.
In July 2008, Tilden Project Nepal achieved registered charity status in Nepal. The work is organised by an Executive Committee (see below) and supported by an Advisory Committee bringing forward the suggestions and requests from the people of Arachour.
All the work is undertaken in memory of Tilden Revell, 30 Oct 1965 – 14 Aug 2001
All administration and fundraising is managed by Tilden’s family, the Trustees of Tilden Project Nepal but we are indebted to the work and commitment of a small army of supporters. Without their help and involvement we would not have been able to achieve so much.
- Regular Donors
- A rapidly growing group of individuals who have made a commitment to donate a regular monthly sum to Tilden Project Nepal.
- Individual Donations
- There are many people who have made single substantial donations to Tilden Project Nepal and we will never forget their generosity.
- Alan Cesarano and Pete Bird, who both funded their own trips to Aruchour specifically to gather material for our calendars and publicity. Alan is making a series of short films for general promotion of our work and also for use in education.
- Website Design
- An invaluable contribution to our work by David Woodman.
- Community Groups
- We have received financial support from Trust Funds, The Masons, Rotary Clubs and other business-linked charitable organisations.
- Social Clubs
- Barnwell WI, Barrow upon Soar Men’s Group, Fletton Scout Troop, Groby Church Ladies, King’s Cliffe Ladies’ Tuesday Club, King’s Cliffe Young Wives, Ladies’ Fellowship at King’s Cliffe, Loughborough Boys’ and Girls’ Brigade and Stamford and District Ladies’ Circle.
- Individual Supporters
- We are indebted to those people who have initiated fund raising events on our behalf – The Anderson family, The Pemberton family and friends, Anna Louise Shelmerdine, Corinne Lang, Genevieve Clapp, Leslie and David Jebson, Kathy Nettleton, Kim Edmonds, Mandy Dindsdale and Gaynor Rice.
- We have been fortunate to gain active support or sponsorship from -
- Silver Lane Health Food Shop, Stamford
- The Honeycomb Christian Charity Shop, Ruddington, Notts
- Scania International
- Richard Watkins and Partners, Estate Agents, Nottingham
- Vanessa Arbuthnott Fabrics
- We have been ‘adopted’ as the charity supported by the following schools for one year -
- Yaxley Infants School
- Brookside Primary School, East Leake
- Warmington Primary School